Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Day 55: Kayaking!

Day 55: Today was my first day kayaking! (check another thing off of the bucket list!) I bought my dad a gift certificate from Rutabaga and we were finally able to use it! 


We decided to head out to Lake Waubesa on a sunny, warm Saturday. With 3 hours of kayaking ahead of us, we explored the wetlands and saw numerous blue herons, which are my favorite. They are so big and gorgeous and I feel like they should be the state bird! After the calm, we went right through the middle of the lake to the other side, in the midst of speed boats and choppy conditions. We were successful and it was a treat to be back in the calm waters along the shore. I took this photo while in my boat, with my dad in front of me. Don't worry--I caught up! We had a blast and I can't wait to go again!




No comments:

Post a Comment