Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Day 34: Paddleboarding!

Day 34:  I may not have the most exciting bucket list, but I have one, so that has to say something. I have crossed off a few things recently, such as the Polar Plunge and logrolling, so I thought why not check off another! I had always wanted to try paddleboarding, especially while I was in Hawaii, but never seemed to get the chance. This year, I decided to sign up for Paddle for the Polar Bears, where the proceeds from the event go to support the polar bear exhibit at the Henry Vilas Zoo. It was a gorgeous day on the lake--sunny and warm with just a slight breeze. I was a little nervous to stand up initially, as I didn't want to be the first of the group (that included little kids) to fall in the water. But somehow, I managed to stand on the board and paddle without falling in, even though some boaters thought it would be funny to put me into their wake. Ha! Take that! I must say it was a wonderfully relaxing experience for me and I think it might be one of my new favorite things! Now, hopefully I get the chance to do it again before the summer is over with!







No comments:

Post a Comment