Thursday, January 2, 2014

Day 150: Turkey Day Treats!

Day 150: I don't have a ton of time to do serious baking, but I like to be in charge of the pies and such at Thanksgiving. It's kind of like my thing. :) This year, pumpkin and apple pie were voted as the pies to make, so I made sure they were on the menu. Below are photos of my pumpkin and apple pies!




I also made a homemade maple-cinnamon whipped cream, mainly for the pumpkin pie, but it could have been used on both!


My other favorites are the Hershey Kiss acorns, made from dark chocolate kisses, mini Nilla wafers and homemade buttercream frosting. The pilgrim hats might be the best, as they are marshmallows dipped in dark chocolate on top of dark chocolate shortbread cookies. The buckle is buttercream frosting! Yummy!




No comments:

Post a Comment